For patients with severely damaged or missing teeth, dental restorations can be helpful to improve the look and function of the smile. Out of the several dental restorations available, crowns and bridges are some of the most popular ones.
Dental crowns are caps fitted over the top of damaged or decayed teeth to protect, shield, and restore the shape of the teeth. Bridges consist of multiple crowns cemented together to span a gap left by one or several missing teeth.
At Foxfield Dental, our expert dentists help restore our patients’ oral health with a dental crown or bridge by repairing their smiles and preventing further damage.request an appointment
- Crowns shield and cover severely damaged or decayed teeth.
- When teeth’s natural structure is lost and can’t be addressed with dental fillings, crowns can help.
- Crowns are often the final stage during a dental implant or root canal procedure. It helps strengthen the vulnerable tooth from cracking or fracturing.
- Crowns are used to secure and hold a dental bridge.
- If a tooth is severely misshapen or has a severe cosmetic imperfection, crowns can be used to cover and protect it.
- Besides shielding a weak tooth and improving oral health, porcelain crowns also enhance the tooth’s appearance as well.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Crowns hold a cracked tooth together and stop further deterioration.
- They cover and strengthen a tooth with a large filling.
- Crowns cover severely discolored, damaged, or misshapen teeth.
- Crowns restore a broken tooth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
- Bridges resolve bite issues and fix the speech impairment due to the missing teeth.
- Bridges offer permanent restoration for missing teeth quickly and conveniently and prevent deterioration of the jawbone.
- Bridges prevent the gap’s adjacent tooth from shifting out of its place.
- Dental bridges look natural and match the color and shape of existing natural teeth.