Do you often find yourself waking up from sleep dizzy and exhausted? Do you experience symptoms of mouth dryness during the night? Do you suffer from severe fatigue or difficulty in concentrating? These may be the symptoms of sleep apnea.request an appointment
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Waking up choking or wheezing
- Irritability or lousy mood during the day
- Morning headaches
- Poor memory
- Fatigue throughout the day
- Restless sleep
- Decreased sex drive
What causes Sleep Apnea?
- Family history and genetics: If sleep apnea runs in our family, we may also get it.
- Obesity: Excess weight can cause sleep apnea as fat deposits around the upper airway can narrow the airway and obstruct breathing.
- A narrowed airway: People with a narrow airway, either genetically or due to tonsils or adenoids, can block the airway.
- Smoking: Smoking can lead to inflammation and fluid retention in the upper airway, causing sleep apnea.
- Use of alcohol, sedatives, or tranquilizers: Intake of sedative drugs or tranquilizers can relax our throat tissues and obstruct our airway.
- Physical factors: The size and positioning of our tongue, jaw, neck, and other throat tissues can affect their airflow.
- Sleeping on the back: When we sleep on our back, it can cause the tissues to collapse around their airways, causing blockages and sleep apnea.
- Age: The risk of sleep apnea significantly increases as we age.
Sleep Apnea Treatment
Foxfield Dental, located at Foxfield, CO, is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies that enable the best dental care facilities for the patients. Call (720) 870-0401 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about Sleep Apnea and dental care services.